Friday, September 25, 2009

Last weekend

So I've been going crazy w/my Style Times Two posts but neglecting my main blog. To catch up, here are some highlights from last weekend.

Brant and I took Claire to Children's Day at Brookside Gardens in Wheaton. I've blogged many times about Brookside Gardens and I continue to praise it, because it's a beautiful place and always has something going on. Laura and I took the girls last year to the butterfly exhibit (nevermind the heat and how we spent most of the day sitting under a tree).

So last Saturday was a magnificent, perfect day. Children's Day was bustling with families, and Claire got to enjoy some of the activities and just being outside among the beautiful surroundings.


Sunday we decided to go down to the DC Zoo. Another beautiful day, perfect for outdoor activities. The zoo was understandably busy, and Claire was a little out of it (no naps either weekend day...eek), but she enjoyed it. I'd like to go again on a weekday, although I'm not sure if it would be significantly less busy. We stopped at Starbucks on the way back and sat outside to enjoy people watching and the sunshine.

Claire eating her apple and brie, sitting on Daddy's lap...



The whole weekend cost us six bucks...that was the subway ride to the zoo. Can't beat that!

Looking forward to some things coming up at the library branches and I'm evaluating a few different hay ride/corn maze places for our next family weekend, weather permitting. Before you know it, the festival of birthdays will be upon us! (Chase-->Claire-->Minhae)

OK, it's past 10 pm, and this cowgirl needs to call it a night!

Scenes from the weekend...

Hey...



There's my...



DADDY!!!




Going through the log tunnel...



And out I come!!



And I crown thee, Queen Claire of the Wild Flowers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful beautiful! I want to try Brookside Garden some day.

LoveLladro said...

Love the series of her running to Brant... so cute!

I can't believe all the birthdays are here again! It's going so fast!

We're hoping to make it down to the National Zoo before it gets too cold... such a great deal for just a few subway bucks!