Monday, November 10, 2008

Books I Want

There are at least three books I still need to finish and haven't touched in months. However, this does not stop me from wanting MORE books. That's just the charm of Kara. Deal with it.

So my must-read list now includes:

Ask Supernanny: What Every Parent Wants to Know



Most of you know my obsession with Jo Frost, aka, Supernanny. I watch her show every Friday night and try to absorb a lot of her ideas.






Diving Bell and the Butterfly

I watched this French film this past weekend and was mesmerized. Now I MUST read the book. Jean-Dominique "Jean-Do" Bauby, French journalist and former editor of Elle magazine, lived a charmed life in the fast lane until one tragic day he experienced a massive cerebral hemorrhage, leaving him paralyzed from head to toe...this "locked-in" syndrome (i.e., mental faculties intact but unable to move) left him only able to move his left eye/eyelid. With the help of a very dedicated therapist, he learned a new way to convey language. I won't get into the alphabet system he used. Google it, it's worth it. But he managed to dictate a book of his life using this language, and this is the outcome. Tragically, he died ten days after its publication.

The "Barack" books





Yeah, I'm a little late. Last election I had the Kerry book dissected, highlighed, and worn out before the election. I also didn't have a one-year-old who likes to run around and get into everything she shouldn't. That doesn't mean I still don't want to read all of these books. I do. I will.

I'm not going to blog about the list of films I want to see. That would be way too long.

No comments: