Yeah, I'm on www.drphil.com again. I realize many think he's obnoxious, if not worse. But the man makes sense. I just finished reading a story about a 10-year-old little girl who was instant messaging with a 24-year-old man having EXTREMELY sexually explicit conversation. I almost threw up. That baby is 10 years old! What is happening to society?
Anyway, I know it's early for our babies, but these are tips offered for parents regarding their kids and the internet:
Five Ways to Protect Your Family from Online Predators:
1) Never leave your child alone in a room with a computer connected to the Internet.
2) Educate yourself on basic computer knowledge.
3) Teach your children to never give out personal information or photographs over the Internet.
4) Teach your children to stay away from chat rooms.
5) Make sure you have open lines of communication with your children.
And parental controls! Don't forget the parental controls! And I'm an advocate of the "family computer," centrally located in the family room/living room/somewhere visible where there's a lot of traffic. No computers in the bedroom!
I pray for the strength and wisdom to navigate through this technologically driven world with my precious baby.