Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Thoughts on Two Whiny Brats

My "You're a Tool" Award goes to two worthy co-losers...



Michael Phelps
Michael Phelps is a phenomenal swimmer. What he did in the last two Olympics is unfathomable. I admire him for the discipline and dedication he showed to his sport and for his remarkable athleticism.

OK, now that I have that out of the way...

He's a tool. Come on. DUI in 2004 when he was 19. 18 months probation. What lesson did he learn? Don't drink and drive, rather stay at the party and take bong hits. So he wants to be the average young person. Well, he's not the average young person. Don't make yourself a world-wide celebrity if you want to go around doing stupid crap. And let me add this...if he wasn't the famous Michael Phelps, Olympic swimmer, he'd be the nonfamous Michael Phelps, relatively unattractive dork doing bong hits at a party.



Christian Bale

Patrick Bateman. Batman. Or in the role I know him best as...Big Arrogant Tool. Is he nice looking? Sure. Can he act? Eh. Is he a jerk? Hellz yeah. Arrested for allegedly assaulting his mother and sister in 2008. Denied it. Just busted on the set of the next Terminator movie (ooooo, such a profound piece of work that must be) for ripping a new fill in the blank of the poor Director of Photography for walking too close while a scene was going on. I just listened to his 3 minute and 30 second rant, rife with F bombs. Um, yeah, you're a real gentleman, Chris. First of all, you just PLAYED Jesus in a movie...you are NOT God. Second, get a grip. Third, you're a tool.

I'm sure most are aware of my vehement disdain for those with a false sense of entitlement, flagrant inconsideration, and utter stupidity. The subjects of my blog today fall into all three categories.

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

I am with you on phelps... I am sick of the he's young crap... grow up. you don't have to be 30 to know drinking and driving and smoking pot is wrong. as for cb... I am still out on that one. didn't like the language (makes him seem unintelligent) but I have read that the dp really was screwing up and this was the climax of the situation. who knows ;)