Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Autumn of Love


Dear Starbucks pumpkin scones,

As the leaves start to turn and the air turns crisp, I once again anticipate the day we will meet again to share in our passion.

You have always been there for me...those lonely Saturday mornings when all the world was laughing but me...those chaotic workdays when I didn't think I'd make it through. You have never disappointed me.

One spring morning I walked in, eager to greet you. The birds were singing and the air was fragrant with lilac. The barista looked at me, and with great feeling said, "The pumpkin scones are gone for the season."

My heart filled with pain and my eyes with tears. Your loss was felt throughout the summer. But now my dreams are to come to fruition, and my heart is whole again.

I will see you, my dearest, when I pluck you from behind your glass case and profess my love once again.

All my heart,
Kara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol

you're nuts, so creatively though! :-)

LoveLladro said...

Substitute Pumpkin Spice Latte with Pumpkin Scones and that could have been written by Adam!