Friday, January 15, 2010

When Art Becomes Filth

Wow. I consider myself very open-minded when it comes to books and film...film especially. Netflix has been a huge blessing because I have access to many independent films I could have never found through traditional venues such as Blockbuster.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is at the top of my list when it comes to actors. So I usually throw a film of his in my queue frequently. Claire is with her daddy this evening, so I just put in Happiness.

This is disgusting. I'm not going to put on this blog part of this plot; I simply can't believe that this film was made and won awards. I think I'm more sensitive now that I'm a mom. I'm just very disappointed in what people found acceptable to portray in a film.

Last week, however, I did watch one I found really high quality. It was an Italian film called Incantato. Hopefully, my future selections will be more along the lines of that film in quality and content.

On a book-related note, I'm reading a book called The Street Gang, which is an account of the entire origins of Sesame Street. Its incarnation is incredible, and I'm really enjoying the story.

And that's all that's fit to print for this evening. Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Rose said...

So... Maybe I should take Happiness out of my Netflix queue?